an old British..

lunes, 7 de julio de 2008

The Novel




The title of the novel I choose is La casa de los espiritus, by Isabel Allende, a Chilean writer, who born in Lima, Peru in August 2, 1942, daughter of Thomas allende, a Chilean ambassador in Peru, and Francisca Llona Barrios. Thomas Allende was a cousin of Salvador Allende, who was the president of Chile between 1970 and 1973.
Isabel has always worked around the literature, as journalist, translating romance novels, and editor and dramatist of women magazine and newspapers, like in Caracas, where she lived.
I read this book in the summer, this year, it has more than 400 pages, the largest book I ever read, so i took my time, and in 3 weeks I finished, it was so good.
The story was all around the time of Allende`s presidency, politics, liberty, civil and human rights, researching and talking about that from a communist point of view, (because of the author’s experiences). To me, is a curious thing that the tale is narrated through real events and peoples who lived in that years, like Pablo Neruda, Silvio Rodriguez and the same Salvador Allende, but always treaties with other names and identities.
I liked because of that very interesting story, which describes what happen in my country all that years, with all that repression, pain and suffering that the people must to resist; in a few words, an awesome story of the history of Chile.

No hay comentarios: